Friday, June 1, 2007

Day 6, June 1, 2007


There's not a lot you can say or do to make you think of things that happened to me today. My daughter, husband and I take frequent walks around the neighborhood. There's this cat that we always stop and let my daughter pet. Such a sweet little girl, that kitty.
On my way home from work yesterday, I found her on the side of the road. She'd been hit some hours before. Our walk for the afternoon was cancelled as I didn't want Kathryn to find the kitty. I attempted to knock on the neighbor's door to alert them, but there was no answer.
I had no choice but to call Animal Control today to pick her up.
When I got home from running errands, I got a phone call from a friend of mine at work. She delivered even worse news to me. The daughter and girlfriend of a coworker of mine died mysteriously on Monday morning. They suspect the girlfriend had a seizure and fell on top of her two-month-old daughter. My coworker is devastated.
With all this in mind, the only thing I could do was take a picture of my neigbor's rose, thinking of the sadness I felt all day.

1 comment:

jessstephkylesmom said...

OMG what a day this was, the flower is beautiful though..